St John's Library & Information Center . . .
The St John’s College Library & Information Centre provides a wide range of Fiction and Curriculum related Non Fiction books for all levels. There is a wide range of quick reads and magazines for those short of time. The library is a quiet place to read, complete work on assignments and study or an ideal space for a game of chess. Our experienced Librarians can provide assistance with research topics or a great Fiction recommendations. The library is an great resource for Web links for your research - just ask one of our friendly librarians to help point you in the write direction.
READING AND LEARNING FOR LIFE
Open daily from 9am to until 3.45pm (Closed Thursday from 2pm)
Make sure you see the Librarian if your book goes missing
Web Sites for Information and Study: see Librarian for assistance
Search Engines -
Kids Catalogue Web
LIBRARY NEWS - TERM 1
Year 9 Students will be introduced to the Library and Issue books with their English Teacher
Books are issued for Two weeks with your student able to renew unfinished books.
Please encourage your Son to books keep his books up to date, there will be a date stamp in the back cover.
Students need a book in their bag for their English classes.
The Librarian encourages students to recommend books for purchase
Seniors are welcome to come and issue/exchange books as they require them for personal reading or study topics.
If you find any St. John’s Library books at your home please return them to the school office, there are still a few outstanding from 2016 and book replacement is costly.
LIBRARY NEWS - TERM 4
We are operating temporarily in the Staff Work Room space until the completion of the New Block. We have over 70% of the Library books here and the Librarian can access the other 30% in the Container as required. The Year 9 classes have all had their induction and issued Fiction Reading for their English classes. A wide variety of genre is available to suit all readers as well as ability and interest. A lot of the students enjoy Series and there are quite a few different Series available. Just ask the Librarian for assistance. Students books are issued for Two weeks, they then need to come and renew or exchange at interval, lunch or after school. Seniors are calling in for research books on their chosen topic which is varied and many. Topics include: Area 51, Roswell, JKF death conspiracy, Disasters such as Tangiwai, & many more. Students can also inquire about information on their topic during breaks & after school. The Library & Information Centre is open during Interval, Lunch and after school [except Thursday] to exchange. Students may recommend the purchase of a good read or research topic : Depending on funds & availability of the item the Librarian acquires it for the SJC collection.